8 ounces of soba noodles (preferably 100% buckwheat which are gluten-free)
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
14 ounces (1 package) extra-firm tofu, drained, patted dry, and cut into ½-inch-cubes
2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthwise
1 head (1½ pounds) of broccoli, broken into small florets
1 head (1 pound) bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari soy sauce
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook soba noodles until tender according to package instructions. Drain, and rinse with cold water; drain again.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add tofu and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden, 12-15 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, broccoli, bok choy, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover (pan will be very full), and cook, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together almond butter and the water, then whisk in vinegar and soy sauce.
5. Add reserved noodles, tofu and sauce to pan with vegetables. Cook, tossing, until noodles are heated through, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately. Serves 4
Per serving: 511 calories; 1.53g saturated fat; 12.5g unsaturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 67g carbohydrates; 26.7g protein; 670mg sodium; 7.6g fiber.